Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Well Google My Socks Off!


Sketchbook page circa 2002

I think Google is weird. I've had total strangers say that they googled me. Just like that. "I googled you." No shame or shyness. Once, I met with a professor to inquire about the UW's MFA program. The whole time we talked I kept expecting him to want to see my portfolio. In the end I had to ask if he wanted to see it. "I googled you," he said. Sheesh. I guess it makes sense, but it still feels odd.
Anyway, I'm proud to announce that I am the top Michael McDevitt on Google. Hang on to the confetti, because I don't feel like vacuuming.
While I was googling myself (I feel dirty just saying that), I noticed that 'Just Like Any Other Morning' is exhibited on the Circo dell'Arte website. It is kind of a stark photograph, but it does not suffer from the glare problems that mar the image I posted. I'm kind of surprised that the website is still there, but I suppose these things tend to linger.
So, let's drink a cup to all the other 'Michael McDevitt's (+) (+) (+)and get back to our googling.

No comments: