Friday, February 16, 2007

Send me your photos

I recently received an email from a friend in which she described to me the frame that she had built for one of my paintings. I was, of course, flattered to know that someone had cared enough to create a unique frame for my painting, but I was also intrigued. What does my painting look like in its new frame, sitting in the afternoon sun out there in Oregon Hill? Where does it hang? What is it next to?


These thoughts led me to a new project. I would like to collect images of my paintings in their new homes and publish them on this blog. But I'll need some help from those of you out there that have my pieces.


If you own some of my art, please help me by emailing me an image showing the piece as it exists today. I am interested in the space in which the art resides and how it interacts with your life. Also, please tell me if you'd prefer to remain anonymous. I greatly appreciate your help.


To kick things off, here are some images from my open studio in November. I brought these pieces with me from Virginia and was able to have a show immediately upon moving in to my new space. As I look at these pictures now, I am struck by how clean and empty my studio was. These shots were taken, of course, before the throngs of people rolled in.