Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Chelsea, MA (East Boston)

These come from the home/office of Brian Hatleberg and Lisa Lineweaver. Lisa does school reform in Boston, and Brian is both mortgage broker and a Chelsea city councilman. Fine and upstanding indeed, but Brian and Lisa are two of the oddest, most creative people that I have the privilege to know. Over the years they have collected several pieces of my artwork. In fact there is a commissioned piece in my studio that is destined to reside with them (B&L: I Haven't forgotten! )

I love the way this space turned out. This was once Brian and Lisa's kitchen. Little by little, they jettisoned their kitchen stuff and used their kitchen as a library. When Brian got his licence, he needed a room with a lock, so this became, once and for all, The Office.
This is Holly. She's a baby. I actually posted this before, but how could I resist putting it up again?

This Serpent was a collaboration with M.B. Rew. It was a wedding present for Brian and Lisa. It is made out of stuffed cloth and has a rope spine. Like any proper serpent, it has seven eyes and a bell on its tail. Next to it, in front of the stuffed wolverine head, you can just make out the egg that we gave them on their actual wedding. We wrote a silly little poem to go with it. The Serpent is large enough to wrap around one's shoulders.
This piece, entitled Brother Bite Brother, hangs next to an aerial photo of what I assume to be East Boston. I approve of the pairing.
I drew this piece in a bit of a frenzy after an altercation with my late dog, Loki. He was a great fella, but when he got a whiff of bitch-in-heat he turned into a mad dog. In this instance he only snarled and threatened me, but he once got my brother in the arm over a female Pitbull. I drew this with an ink dropper. I believe it's the first frontal nudity on my site.