Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Apocalypse Now! (and a little more later)


Despite the Damage He Could Recognize His Own Face
Acrylic on Panel
12"x 24"
Available

As the days grow longer and Spring turns to Summer, people all across America are thinking about one thing-- the Apocalypse.
Flowers. Sunshine. Hellfire. Plagues. It's pretty much a matched set.
To celebrate this festive season, I'll be taking part in Ouch My Eye's June show, Apocalypse Now. I'll be including Still Life with Hellmouth, Still Life with Virgin Mary, and the painting above, which is part of the Lost in the Park Series.
Looking past the cookouts, camping trips, and rivers of fire, Fall is beginning to show her colors. In October I'll be having a solo show at the Georgetown Art center. I'll be branching out from the work that I've been doing at Gage, pushing for more ambiguous space and using composite elements. Like my 2005 October show, On Dark Ground, I'll be dealing with themes of memory, mortality, and the connections between the past and the present.
So, come down to scenic SoDo on June 13 and help ring in the new season with a bit of apocalyptic cheer.

No comments: