Monday, December 21, 2009

Richmond, VA

As you may know, I love seeing images of my work as it exists out in the world. These come from where Sara and Andrew who live in Richmond with two of my paintings.

She Was Thus Protected hanging alongside some lovely, but unidentified paintings. Cool lampshade, huh? I think that the little toy person should be wary of the mutant pear creature that is poised in striking distance and attempting to look inconspicuous.


Here the Astounding Tide adorns a nice, broad windowsill. The thick sides of the little canvas allow it to stand on its own as a decorative object, which is pretty sweet.

I recognize the building through the window, and it makes me miss Richmond. The rubber mallet/window prop would be pretty handy for repelling potential invaders. Very useful in that town. In fact, I seem to recall both Andrew and I being burglarized by the same prowler-- only Andrew and his housemates caught him in the act. The guy would wander around looking for people that were hanging out on their front porches and then go around the back, dash in, grab something valuable, and run out. In my case, he swiped a woman's purse off my kitchen table, and I had a devil of a time convincing her that my housemate hadn't made off with it. Ah, Richmond!

Nice light too.

Thanks for the photos!

No comments: