Friday, May 01, 2009

Vigilance Eternal

Last night, I reunited with some old acquaintances, including the former editor of a newspaper called Vigilance. Based out of Port Townsend, Vigilance was an independent newspaper serving the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. I had the pleasure of working with the folks at Vigilance and wanted to post a couple of images that ran in the paper back in the early 2000's.

This image ran as the banner for the column Community Roundtable, which published letters to the editor and short essays.
Watchdog, as the name implies, was a column that kept an eye on local and national current events. I don't usually use photo collages as finished products, but fit the mood of the column.
When Vigilance folded in 2005, I was working on this vertical banner for a column called the Grapevine. It never ran, but I had a fun time making it.

I did other work for Vigilance, including a two-part comic called Liam and the Crow, and I was sad to see them close their doors. They had a good run, and the memories live on.

1 comment:

N Moni said...

There was also a comic about Liam. Do you have that one? I think I might be able to dig up a copy. Nice images, they hold up over time.